IJATM MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
4. IJATM SUBMISSION POLICY
(Download: 4. IJATM SUBMISSION POLICY.pdf) This document contains full-text of the IJATM SUBMISSION GUIDELINE.
Submission Instruction :
The Author has to compulsory submit their article online through the website: https://ijatm.org/index.php/ijatm First-time users will have to register (not login) at this site. Registration is free but mandatory. Registered authors can keep track of their articles after logging into the site using their user name and password. Authors do not have to pay for submission, processing or publication of articles. If you experience any problems, please contact the editorial office by e-mail at email@example.com.
Check as per Checklist, before you move forward!!!
Manuscript Submission Requirement List/ IJATM Author Checklist:
The authors are requested to strictly follow the checklist below for submission of a manuscript to IJATM for publication. The following documents are to be submitted for publication. (Please find the templates provided . Some basic instructions are mentioned in Comments. Remove all the comments after completing the manuscript).
- 1. Forwarding letter (addressed to the Editor-in-Chief of the journal)
- 2. Authorship
- 3. Declaration
- 4. Manuscript (including Title Page, Abstract-Text Page) Title Page is to be separately uploaded for Blind Review Purpose.
- 4.a Article Title Page
- 4.b Article Abstract- Text Page
- 5. Ethical Approval letter/ Consent Letter
- 6. Authors must submit 1 hard copies of all documents and one copy in electronic form preferably written in a CD with adequate labelling corresponding address of Journal after Journal’s approval for publication. Journals may enquire all the documents in electronic form at any moment after submission. Authors are requested to submit their related images/ documents related to materials and methods, analysis, result and more. This will help Journal Editorial Team to be convinced for originality of the article.
- Forwarding Letter
- It should clearly indicate the publication type (Original/ Review/Case report/letter etc.)
- Should also mention the expected benefit of medical science from publishing of this article
- All authors must sign after seeing the manuscript with the statement that they are the only authors.
- The corresponding author should mention the contribution of each author to the work. The email address of each author should be mentioned. Journal will acknowledge receipt of a submission by emailing all authors.
- It should contain a declaration that this manuscript has not been submitted elsewhere or not under consideration in any journal.
- Prepare the documents as per IJATM Manuscript Policy.
Tracking the submission:
Registered authors can keep track of their articles (like submission accepted, reviewing, on publication) after logging into the site using their username and password. The notification on email is alert for any queries or information from editorial team.
Resubmission Instruction :
The author is informed about the rejection/acceptance of the manuscript with the peer reviewer’s comments And even from the editorial team (maybe multiple times) for the correction. Accepted articles have to be resubmitted after making the necessary changes or clarifying questions made during the peer-review process or corrections mentioned to be made in case of editorial corrections.
The accepted articles are edited for grammatical, punctuation, print style and format errors and page proofs and are sent to the corresponding author who should return them within a week (Conditions applied). Non-response to galley proof or editorial may result in the delay of publication or even rejection of the article.
IJATM AUTHORS SHOULD FOLLOW
This paragraphs are mentioned for Basic terminology instructions and guide during submission.
- Conflicting Interest:
- Blinded Article file:
- Data and Reproducibility:
The IJATM follows ICMJE recommendation for authorship - 4 authorship criteria:
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; And
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; And
- Final approval of the version to be published; And
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
IJATM doesn't follow the order of naming the contributors based on the relative contribution of the contributor towards the study and writing the manuscript. All the contributor hold equal credits. Once submitted the order cannot be changed without the written consent of all the contributors. The journal prescribes a maximum number of authors for manuscripts depending upon the type of manuscript, its scope and number of institutions involved (vide infra). The authors should provide a justification if the number of authors exceeds these limits.
Corresponding author for IJATM: The corresponding author is the one individual who takes primary responsibility for communication with the journal during the manuscript submission, peer review, and publication process, and typically ensures that all the journal’s administrative requirements, such as providing details of authorship, ethics committee approval, clinical trial registration documentation, and gathering conflict of interest forms and statements, are properly completed, although these duties may be delegated to one or more co-authors. The corresponding author should be available throughout the submission and peer review process to respond to editorial queries in a timely way, and should be available after publication to respond to critiques of the work and cooperate with any requests from the journal for data or additional information should questions about the paper arise after publication in IJATM.
COPE Discussion document on what constitutes authorship?
Authors Conflicts of Interest/ Competing Interests
All authors must disclose and all conflicts of interest during submission. Articles should be published with statements or supporting documents, such as the IJATM Declaration letter (includes conflict of interest statements), declaring:
- Authors’ conflicts of interest; and
- Sources of support for the work, including sponsor names along with explanations of the role of those sources if any in study design; collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing of the report; the decision to submit the report for publication; or a statement declaring that the supporting source had no such involvement; and
- Whether the authors had access to the study data, with an explanation of the nature and extent of access, including whether access is on-going.
Blinded Article file:
To ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review for submission to this press, every effort should be made to prevent the identities of the authors and reviewers from being known to each other. This involves the authors, editors, and reviewers (who upload documents as part of their review) checking to see if the following steps have been taken with regard to the text and the file properties:
The manuscript (abstract page and text) must not contain any mention of the authors' names or initials or the institution at which the study was done or acknowledgements. Article Title Page includes Manuscript Page headers/running title where the author can include the title, Author’s info and Correspondence includes Author detail. Manuscripts not in compliance with Journal's blinding policy will be returned to the corresponding author.
- During Manuscript Submission, Title Page and Manuscript has to be separately uploaded.
- The authors of the document have to delete their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' name, article title, etc.
- With Microsoft Office documents, author identification should also be removed from the properties for the file (see under File in Word), by clicking on the following, beginning with File on the main menu of the Microsoft application: File > Save As > Tools (or Options with a Mac) > Security > Remove personal information from file properties on save > Save.
- With PDFs, the authors' names should also be removed from Document Properties found under File on Adobe Acrobat's main menu.
Data and Reproducibility:
IJATM requires, as a condition for publication, that the data supporting the results in the paper will be peer-reviewed and archived in an appropriate public repository. Authors are required to provide a data availability statement, including a link to the repository they have used, and to cite the data they have shared. Whenever possible the scripts and other artefacts used to generate the analyses presented in the paper will be publicly archived. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the editor. If sharing data compromises ethical standards or legal requirements then authors are not required to share it.”
And: “Peer review of empirical data will be conducted to confirm the quality of the shared data, for example, the variables described in the article are present as fields in the data repository, that data is complete; that data is properly labelled and described; and that it has the appropriate metadata for the kind of data being shared.”
Last but not least,
IJATM AUTHORS ARE ENCOURAGED
IJATM encourages authors, to follow standard procedures - make a submission for manuscript authentication.
- Standard reporting guidelines (standard reporting guidelines listed in Equator Network, Care guidelines for AYUSH related clinical cases)
- Protocol submission: Center for Open Science.
- Clinical trial registry (Clinical registry of India for clinical study).